Friday File: Tip of the Cap: Strade Blanche Recon


Today's recon is all about mud
for Tomasz Marczynsk




Various images of team recon for the Strade Bianche or Blanche. It promises to be epic courtesy of the weather. I should say magnificent for the riders on a course of 184km including 11 difficult gravel sectors. The last kick will be the 18% rise in beautiful Renaissance Siena for a dramatic finish. It's due to be a beautiful muddy race...




Muddy recon for Trek
via Santini_Cycling





via Wiggle High 5




"I just hope the weather will improve a bit because cycling in two degrees is never very pleasant. I know the Strade Bianche well and I will be there to 'pilot' Romain Bardet and Silvan Dillier. It has always been a race for warriors, and will be even more so this year if the weather isn't any better. In fact some sectors may have to be cut out. We will just have to adapt."

- Matteo Montaguti, AG2R


"I don't know what will happen tomorrow but I don't think the weather will be good. I've been training at altitude, so right now it's difficult to understand how I'm going - I'll probably need a few races, and I hope I don't get ill like last year."

- Peter Sagan



Men's Start list

Women's Start list











Comments